Kelime Oyunu, a popular quiz show prepared and presented by Ali İhsan Varol has been cancelled by Show TV administration after a question that seemed related to Turkey’s corruption probe.
“Familiar expression for those who corrupts,” Varol asked a participant in the latest episode. The answer turned out to be “eater”.
According to official watching rates of December 20, 2013, the show was listed as number 54 in the Top 100.
While only 9 programs entered the top 100 list from Show TV, Kelime Oyunu became number 4 out of 9.
“One of the most good-mannered and proper TV quiz shows has been cancelled…Such a shame…I volunteered to be a guest…it was my favorite show. It didn’t feel appropriate,” wrote famous comedian Cem Yılmaz on twitter. He had been announced as the guest star for the NYE episode.
According to Medyatava, a popular media gossip site, Show TV also cancelled the programs “Moda Takibi” and “Hayata Dokunmak Lazım”.
Previously episodes on Gezi
Previously, the show included quiz questions related to Gezi Resistance, stirring controversy. Some of the questions included:
* Oleoresin capsicum or a weapon that attacks the mucus walls in eyes, nose, mouth and lungs: Tear gas.
* A social microblogging site that has been defined as “headache” by authorities: Twitter
* An institution under the protection against censor according to Turkey’s Constitution: Press
* An invidivual who has gathered all powers around him: Dictator
* Democracy resprirator: Gas mask
* The word that expresses the power usage of those who lost control: Unbalanced (EKN/BM)
Related bianet News
Heberler, Political Satire TV Show, Suspended 12 September 2013TÜRKMAX Television Network suspended the airing of 'Heberler' - a political satire show. ...
Most Read Today
Penguen Humor Magazine Reacts “Erdoğan” Punishment 27 March 2015
13 Years 9 Months of Prison For Taking Down Flag 26 March 2015
Iran and Turkey at Odds on Strikes in Yemen 26 March 2015
Instagram Censors Journalist Ahmet Şık’s Newroz Photos 25 March 2015